Every business should create a Google My Business account. It gives you control over how your business shows up in Google’s search engine results and attracts local customers among your competitors. It is also a FREE TOOL that is easy to set up.
Here are the steps:
1. Sign into Google My Business.
2. Click the blue hyperlink “Add your business to google”.
3. Enter your business name and category.
4. Enter your business’s address. Then, click next. If your business doesn’t have a physical location but operates within a service area, you can list the area where you serve instead.
5. Enter a phone number or website URL.
6. Add your services.
7. Add business hours.
8. Choose either to accept or reject direct messaging. This feature allows customers to message your business on Google for free.
9. Add business description.
10. Add photos of your business.
11. Claim your $100 free advertising credit or ask Avidbits about PPC advertising. We can help manage that for you.
12. Select a verification option. It’s recommended that you review your information before you request verification.
Now there you have it. After your account is verified, your business will officially be listed on Google My Business and Google Maps!