If you are in the beauty industry, wouldn’t you like to show up on Google when someone searches “salons near me”?
Let’s say there are 5 matches. One of those matches has a Google My Business account that appears in search results with customer reviews, location, phone number, hours, website link, and services. There is a likely chance that people will select a credible salon with all of the contact information, reviews, and proximity to a location, etc. What drives you to choose a business on Google?
Listing your salon in Google My Business could be essential in outperforming your competition. It gives you control over how your business shows up in Google’s search engine results. It will also increase your local SEO rankings. Best of all, it is a FREE TOOL. Click here to see how to set up your Google My Business account.
What is Google My Business?
Google My Business is a free tool that lets you manage how your business appears on Google Search and Maps. Through following the registration your business will be added to Google Maps. You can see how customers engage with your business profile by number of searches, calls, website clicks, direction requests, bookings, and more.
There are 5 types of Google My Business posts that allow you to promote your business information and updates in Google’s search engine results:
- COVID-19: Provide an update about changes related to COVID-19, which can include:
- Hours of operation and temporary closures.
- Changes to how the business operates.
- Updates on how the location manages safety and hygiene.
- Requests for support.
- What’s new: Provide general information about your business. You can include a photo or video, a description, and an action button. For example, an eyebrow threading salon can make a post to promote a new service in microblading.
- Events: Promote an event at your business with a title, start, and end date/time.
- Offers: Provide promotional sales or offers from your business.
- Products: You can use the product posts to add products that will appear in your “Product tab.” Manage the product entry in the Product Editor.
- Hours update: After you update your hours or reopen your business, customers who visit your Business Profile will find a message that confirms your recent update. The update also creates a post that confirms you made an hours change.
So, where do Google My Business posts appear? Posts appear on listings in Google search results and Maps search results. Plus, posts are displayed on all devices.
In conclusion, every business should create a Google My Business account. Comment below if you have any questions.