Setting up your hosting with SiteGround is a quick and easy process that can be completed in just a few simple steps. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to the SiteGround website and click on the “WordPress Hosting” tab.
- Choose a WordPress hosting plan. As a new business owner, we recommend selecting “Startup”. You can upgrade in the future as your business grows. Once you’ve chosen your WordPress hosting plan, you’ll need to select a domain name that you have created from a different registrar. You can enter it in the “I have a domain name” field. If you don’t have a domain name yet, you can register one through Namecheap.
- After you’ve selected your domain name, you’ll need to fill out your account information and choose your payment plan. SiteGround offers a variety of payment options, including monthly and yearly plans. There are extra services such as the Domain Privacy and Site Scanner that we highly recommend — but it is optional. If you purchased your domain from Siteground, the Domain Privacy service hides your personal details from third-parties, who may be authorized to access the full Whois information (NOTE: If you purchase through our recommended site Namecheap, you do not need to select this option as Namecheap provides free WHOisGuard). The Site Scanner service proactively monitors your website and notifies you if there is a malicious or blacklist attempt, you’ll get the necessary tools to have your website locked in order to react in time and avoid any harm.
- Once you’ve completed the sign-up process, you’ll receive an email with instructions on how to set up your hosting account. This email will include your login credentials, as well as links to SiteGround’s helpful resources and tutorials.
- To access your hosting account, simply log in to the SiteGround customer area using the login credentials provided in the email. From here, you can manage your domain and hosting, as well as access the SiteGround control panel.
And that’s it! With just a few simple steps, you can have a hosting set up with SiteGround. If you are partnering with us in setting up your dream website, we will be in touch shortly to request your login credentials!